8550 Higuera St
Job Category: Creative & Production
Job Number: 612560
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Location: Nashville, TN
Onsite as needed for In-Studio sessions
Pay: up to $73.75 per hour DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
Planet Interactive is looking for a Photographer to join our well known media client with their in-house studio on a 6 month contract. You will create and produce compelling visual assets from conception to execution.
As a Photographer on this team, you will create and produce compelling visual assets from conception through flawless execution. You must be versatile in both producing and creating, working with others and working solo — as you will plan and manage simple and complex shoots, as well as shoot and produce visual assets from start to finish on your own, sometimes on the spot or with little advance notice. You will create meaningful, timely, iconic visual assets.
The ideal candidate demonstrates outstanding talent as a photographer across all styles, from portraits to documentary photography, and employs a strong understanding of techniques, including lighting and storytelling. You should possess strong communication, project and time management skills, and have a proven ability to work collaboratively with others — in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment. You are a motivated, self-starter who stays calm under pressure, are enthusiastic about culture and lifestyle, with an eye for detail and a blend of creative and craft-focused skills. This position will work closely with the Creative Director, art directors and producers to ideate, develop and produce assets used across all channels and platforms.
Photographer Key Qualifications:
- 5 to 8 years of experience as a photographer, with proven expertise developing culture-defining content within music, events and/or entertainment landscape.
- Experience assisting established photographers is a plus.
- A portfolio demonstrating expertise in studio lighting portraiture as well as reportage.
- You are highly creative, can work with given direction and a proven track record of capturing iconic, culture-defining content.
- You have a deep technical understanding of studio lighting (both constant and strobes), mixed lighting, digital capture equipment, digital archiving, file naming and keywording.
- You’re proficient and quick retoucher. Ability to retouch skin, clothing and silo images is a must.
- You have extensive experience working with notable talent and are comfortable in high pressure situations.
- You intuitively know what makes great content - content that’s able to cut through the noise and engage specific audiences across a broad range of channels and platforms.
- You are an avid consumer of photography; drawing inspiration from editorial, fine art and commercial work. You’re first to know notice new trends and will share this with the wider photography team.
- Phenomenal communication skills are key to this role and an ability to collaborate with a wider cross functional teams within the organization and across external vendors.
- Ability to lead several projects in various points of development - from concept ideation through production and execution.
- Able to anticipate change and react efficiently; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Discretion in handling confidential materials.
- Exceptional attention to detail, while still working under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop) and Keynote.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills.