1 Infinite Loop
Job Category: Marketing
Job Number: 613103
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Senior Communications Strategist
Location: Cupertino, CA
Schedule: Onsite Tuesday & Wednesday
Duration: ~ 12 months
Pay: Up to $77.45 per hour DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
Our client a Fortune 50 company is looking for a Senior Communications Strategist to join their Retail Engagement and Marketing team. The Senior Communications Strategist will be joining during an exciting time when they are designing the future of how to communicate and connect with Retail Store, Retail Customer Care, and Retail Support employees globally.
Senior Communications Strategist Responsibilities:
- Develop integrated communication and engagement plans by assessing team member and business needs, defining goals, asking the right questions, framing the problems to solve, and engaging partners and creative teams towards a final vision.
- This role is part strategist, part account manager, and part writer.
- Uncover behavioral insights and incorporate those into the overall strategy.
- Gather research, usage, and surveys on how to best communicate and develop the communication plans.
- Use real time insights to pinpoint the needed solutions.
- Synthesize large amounts of information to create plans that put the right information in the right place, at the right time, for the right audience.
- Negotiate with external and internal partners and business leaders.
- Write briefs and plans for the creative team that are highly detailed and are connected to the objectives sought.
- Collaborate with the creative and producer teams throughout development and execution.
- Explain the value of digital media, editorial programming, and communication techniques to non-creative audiences, both in person and in writing.
Senior Communications Strategist Key Qualifications:
- Build key messaging for work ranging from seasonal campaigns, to product launches, to employee initiatives.
- Draft talking points for senior leaders.
- Help write scripts that tell a story that follows back to the overall comms plan.
- Draft briefs that are concise and clearly defined as to what success looks like and how it will lead to action against KPIs.
- Build strategies that are for the here and now, but can also be forward thinking into what is needed.
- 7-10+ years developing and presenting communication plans and strategies within a media, publishing, corporate communications, PR or advertising agency environment.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Editorial Writing or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise for how audiences consume and experience content and media.
- Ability to work through changes and stay consistent in delivering on time.
- The drive to deliver materials that always have the retail and store employees around the globe in mind.
- Proven ability to ‘look around corners’ to understand business challenges and formulate effective communication strategies that support the audience needs and business goals.
- Can navigate a large cross functional organization, balancing multiple stakeholders.
- Strong executional abilities, able to go from strategy, to ensuring execution is on target and on brief.
- Possess excellent writing skills that can deliver clear messages that motivate behavior change while meeting business goals.
- Extraordinary ability to organically grow internal relationships, work effectively within cross-functional teams, and lead through ambiguity in order to produce forward thinking creative deliverables.
- Exceptional learning agility — ability to listen, learn, and apply insights during dynamic situations.
- Experience working with international peers and leadership teams to define global communication strategies and support the needs of our geos.
- Demonstrated passion for Retail, with experience on how to engage people in a human way.