Job Category: Marketing
Job Number: 613007
Is job remote?: No
Country: United States
Social Media Strategist, AR
Pay Rate: Up to $65/hr depending on experience
Location: 100% Onsite in New York City
Duration: 9 Months, 40 hours a week
Our client's innovative AR division is actively searching for a Social Media Strategist to become a part of their Augmented Reality (AR) marketing communications team. This Social Media Manager needs to be a strategic thinker and creative innovator who can mastermind a comprehensive global social strategy for the AR brand from the ground up.
The ideal Social Media Strategist will possess a robust understanding of social media platforms, with a particular emphasis on TikTok and YouTube. They will work in tandem with internal teams and agency partners to devise a powerful social media strategy, generate engaging content, and supervise community management.
Social Media Strategist Job Responsibilities:
- Develop the AR global social strategy and engage followers across various channels.
- Identify current gaps and implement social processes to drive efficiencies and best-in-class work.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop innovative and differentiated social content (e.g. Product Marketing, Creative, Sales, Performance Marketing, Brand Strategy and PR)
- Create platform-specific social media strategy plans, content calendars, and unique content ideas all adhering to the brand guidelines.
- Lead and manage agency partners and collaborate with in-house creative teams/production vendors.
- Analyze and report on KPIs of owned social channels to measure the effectiveness of our efforts.
- Collaborate with the paid media team to design on-platform paid social strategies and tactics that deliver results.
- Manage global collaboration for initiatives with regional marketing counterparts.
Social Media Strategist Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience managing owned social channels within global consumer product categories and brands.
- Experience in creating social media strategies from inception to growth that have driven brand engagement and growth.
- Experience leading agency partners/in-house creative and inspiring them to make the best work for our social channels.
- Proven record of creativity and innovation in social media content and strategies that have driven engagement.
- Articulate in communication - experience simplifying complex things into human understanding.
- Deep understanding of behavioral and technology trends in the social space.
- Experience in delivering global culturally relevant, forward-thinking consumer-centric initiatives.
Social Media Strategist Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent marketing experience
- Experience in highly innovative consumer product categories and brands such as consumer tech and/or AR/VR technologies, fashion, entertainment, or culture brands.